Information for Authors
If your manuscript fits within the scope of the journal, we encourage you to submit. Acceptance is contingent on favorable peer review.
Our user-friendly electronic manuscript submission and peer review system allows you to submit your manuscript online securely, conveniently, and instantly. Authors can track the progress of their manuscripts from submission to publication. Assistance is available via e-mail if needed.
First-time submitters will need to register for an account. After you follow the link above for the submission page, select “New authors should register for an account.” Note that this account is separate from the account you use to access Psychiatrist.com and CMEInstitute.com, so even if you are already registered to access our sites (which provides the ability to obtain free CME credit), you will still need to establish an account to use the manuscript submission system.
See the form in PDF format. At the time of article submission, each author must submit a form incorporating 4 statements: (1) authorship, (2) copyright transfer or federal employment, and (3) financial or other relationships that might pose a conflict of interest. The corresponding author must sign (4) the Acknowledgment statement. This form can be mailed to Physicians Postgraduate Press, P.O. Box 752870, Memphis, TN 38175-2870, faxed to the Production Coordinator at 901-273-2752, or scanned and uploaded during the electronic submission process.
See the checklist.
See the guidelines.
Authors can order large quantities of high-quality photocopies or reprints. Learn more about reprints.
All materials published by Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc., are the property of Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc., unless otherwise stated, and are subject to all laws pertaining to copyrighted work.
Retention of copyright by Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc., means the work may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including electronic, photocopying, or otherwise; distributed in any form or by any means; publicly displayed in any form including but not limited to internet, extranet, PowerPoint, or posters; and used for commercial, promotional, or marketing purposes, which include sale, resale, transfer, loan, license, or other forms of commercial exploitation.
Entire reprints may be purchased from firstname.lastname@example.org.
For permission to use the work in whole or part, follow these steps:
- Requests for permission to publish may be submitted by regular mail, fax, or e-mail.
- Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc.
Attn: Permissions Editor
850 Ridge Lake Blvd, Suite 300
Memphis, TN 38120
fax: (920) 457-0501
Information Required for a Permissions Request
- Requestors Information:
- Persons name, title, address, telephone, fax, and e-mail
- Companys name and postal address
- Article title
- First bylined author
- Volume number and issue dates
- Page range of article
- The copyrighted item to be used from the article, ie, the specific chart, table, figure, graph, or other illustration, abstract, quote, or full article
- Title of the work in which the item is to appear
- Publisher, with full address
- Edition number
- Publication year
- Approximate press run of work
- Form of reproduction (print, online, language)
- Sponsorship, funding, or retail price (if a book)
- Intended audience(s)
See the clinical trials registration information in our Information for Authors.
Material published in the Companion is embargoed until the 15th of the month of issue. Contact PCCembargo@psychiatrist.com.
- Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals—Covers ethical principles related to evaluating, improving, and publishing manuscripts, as well as technical aspects of preparing and submitting manuscripts.
- CONSORT Statement—Provides guidelines for improved reporting of clinical trials through the use of a checklist and study flow diagram.